We went camping AND fishing over the weekend. It was very fun! I've been itchin' to get out and do some camping. And of course you know with us it's always an adventure. We go a much, much later start than we anticipated due to some unexpected business issues that needed attention. So we didn't get up to the river until about 5 p.m. We met David and Jamie there and they floated a short section of the river with us. Well, we weren't able to get the boat out at the place we originally planned, so David and Jamie and Ole got out and the plan was for them to shuttle our truck down to the next take-out. Well, after that part way down, Will and I realized that it would be pitch black by the time we got to that takeout, due to the late start. So, I used Will's cell phone to call the shuttle service and ask them where the next take-out was that was closer than the one we first thought of. Well, luckily the guy I talked to was able to tell me where there was a closer place to take the boat out. So then I called David and told him how to get there to meet us with the truck and trailer. We just kept watching for the place to stop and take it out. It worked out just fine, I know we were blessed to be able to be safe. We got the boat out and then David and Jamie left to go back home, and we drove and found this campground which was not the one we originally were going to stay at, but I'm glad we found it because it was a good little place. Had very clean bathrooms and water, and was a good little spot for us to camp. We set up our tent in the dark, and slept the night.
I'm glad we got to find this cute little campground amidst our change-of-plans adventure. This is Falls Campground.
We had breakfast and packed up the tent and stuff Saturday morning and then drove back around to the boat launch (the one where we originally were trying to get out at and camp for the night.)
And we floated and fished and somehow stayed safe during it all, although we do have scratches and bruises from getting a little too close to some branches and trees along the side.
We both caught fish. Will caught this fatty rainbow trout. We both took turns rowing and fishing and it was great!
Stopped and waded in one section.
Bald eagle in a tree. It's great to see birds and wildlife as well as the fish.
And this is what we got for dinner. Yummy!
On the way home I told Will that hopefully taking him on an overnight fishing trip was a good Father's Day gift because I didn't get him anything else. He said that it was the perfect gift! So we had a wonderful weekend! Today we went to church and enjoyed it there.
4 days ago














No comments:
Post a Comment