Will and I celebrated our 6th anniversary this week. I wanted to write about the day because it was such a good day and Will was so sweet and thoughtful.
At lunch we talked about what we would do for dinner that evening and when it was all said and done he had me thinking hat he just wanted to stay home and eat a nice dinner at home and relax. Well, that wasn't the case. He had a surprise in store for me.
Normally when I get done working I call Will and let him know that I'm done. Sometimes I call before I leave work, sometimes on the way, and sometimes not until I get home. Well in order to make sure his plan worked, Will stole my truck from work so I wouldn't have way to get home. So wEdnesday I get done working and walk out to where I had parked and notice that my truck is not there. So I call him and he says he has the truck at his work and I will have to come get it. His office is just down the block from where I work (super convenient) so I walked down there. Didn't see the truck, just the car parked on the street. Will and I get in the car to head home, but he says "is that okay if we go to Logan?" So off to Logan we went (after a quick stop at our house because I wanted to get some lotion and my ring, but he insisted on getting it for me and wouldn't let me go in the house). He told me that he wanted to take me out to eat a nice place and make it a special dinner for me. We went to Hamilton's in Logan to eat. [Now there's a little story behind Hamilton's. We ate at Hamilton's on our honeymoon and had a pretty bad experience due to a over-the-top-too-friendly-annoying waiter that wouldn't leave us along even after we had told him we were celebrating our honeymoon and wanted some alone time.] Anyway, we decided to try Hamilton's again and I'm so glad we did. It was delicious food, we had an awesome waitress, and we also had a gift card that we were able to use. Will got the pork chop and I got the teriyaki chicken. We would have gotten the prime rib but I guess it is only available Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays. But we were so happy with our choices. Tons of food. Each meal included bread, a big salad, a drink, and a dessert. Our salads were very good, and the flavor of the meats was so good and tender. I got the garlic mashed potatoes which were delicious, too. We even got a free appetizer that was pretty tasty. Will loved the creme brulee and I got the cheesecake but I only took one bite and brought the rest home and just shared a few bites of his dessert. Literally after we were done with the salads we felt like we were full.
Will and I had such a fun time together. I enjoyed just being able to talk and laugh and enjoy being together. We talked a little bit about our first date, when we first got to meet each other, and other special memories from the past 6 years. We both were glad that we gave Hamilton's a 2nd chance. I'm so glad that Will and I can have so much fun together and we enjoy being together. After we ate we drove home and were still talking about how much we loved the food and the atmosphere. At home I found some flowers that Will had gotten me. I guess that's why I couldn't come into the house before. A beautiful arrangement with a rose and carnations and a card. I really did feel special and am so grateful for my husband and for all he does for me.
4 days ago



2 comments:
It was so great to hear about your sixth anniversary celebration. How fun! It is so clear that you have kept your marriage alive over the years and that you enjoy each other very much! What a great memory you have created. Way to go you two!!! Thanks for sharing this special memory.
Awwww....good job, Will! Sounds like you had a great time! I can't believe you've been married that long! Time flies!
Post a Comment