Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ice Fishing!

It was a beautiful day for ice fishing on Monday so we went just for a little while. We practically caught a "grand slam" at Johnson Reservoir. Perch, Bluegill, and Rainbow Trout. We had a fun time and the weather was really nice (considering). The ice was about 11 inches. After spending a half hour trying to drill through the ice with our hand auger, a nice man from another fishing group next to us came over with his power auger and drilled 5 holes for us in about 2 minutes. Sweet! We were grateful. I think our blades just need to be sharpened. We bought a blade sharpener last year but couldn't find it before we left to go out. That's what moving does to you I guess. I hope we can find it soon so we can go faster on getting holes in the ice.



2 comments:

VicandNanc said...

Oh my, Will looks COLD!!! I'm happy that man helped you out w/ the holes! Hopefully he knows how happy it made you :)

csharpfamily said...

You guys do the funnest things! Ice Fishing...Who knew? Sounds like fun! Stay warm! Love you guys!