It is one way I find joy.

This is a very common location for me on a weekend morning. In the early morning hours the garden stays shady so it is awesome to work in it and not get too hot or sunburned.
I love my wheelbarrow! I had been wanting one for a long time. I think brand new wheelbarrows are way too expensive, so I had my eyes peeled for one elsewhere. At a yard sale (one of the first this spring) I found this old rusty one with a flat tire. Well, for $2.00 I couldn't pass it up! We were able to pump up the tire and it has held air so far. It works great to be able to haul tools and things out to the garden and then back in.
Spinach is the only thing that we have harvested and eaten so far. It has been yummy raw and steamed. We have made omelets a couple of times and I chopped up some spinach and put it into the mixture. It was good!
One new thing that I've never grown that I planted this year is cilantro. It's growing pretty well. I usually try something new every year just to experiment and see how it turns out. I'm excited to eat it more!



2 comments:
The garden looks great! Keep up the good work. It's wonderful that you find joy in working in the garden. It could be drudgery otherwise.
Your garden is looking wonderful. I wanted to plant one this year, but just never found time to get one done. I'll have to ask you all of your secrets for my planting next year. (Here's my secret...I've never planted one before.) You look like a pro.
Post a Comment