I just have to write about lately how I've been using reusable shopping bags instead of just getting plastic ones at the store. It makes me feel so empowered! I have always been pretty good about recycling or trying to re-use weathered items or donate them. It was a little frustrating for a while because I've had 5 or 6 cloth bags for a while but every time I went shopping I would forget to grab them and I wouldn't remember until I was at the store (in the checkout line, usually). Ugh! So I have finally put it into my brain to take them the last few times and it really is enjoyable.Here's a few reasons why I like using the reusable bags:
1. They are a lot less hassle.
2. Usually I have ended up with less shopping bags full of groceries because the cloth bags are bigger and hold a lot more than the wimpy plastic ones. This helps in bringing the bags in the house, usually only one or two trips.
3. I get a nickel back for every one I use! That is, at Stokes in Preston anyway. I don't think other stores do this. It's great to save a little money, 5 cents at a time!



1 comment:
Those bags are pretty, on top of being practical and environmentally friendly. I'm glad you're getting in the habit of using them.
Post a Comment