
Last Saturday there was a wrestling tournament at Bear Lake High School. I decided to go with the team this time. Riding on a school bus is very nostalgic for me. Reminds me of 6th grade band, and high school volleyball and softball sports trips. Except this time I sit in the front of the bus instead of the back. I wonder why the back of the bus was/is so cool?
I brought my new camera that I got for Christmas and was trying to learn about some of the different settings. I learned how to take panorama shots, and also that I have black/white, sepia, and other color options.
Yesterday was another tournament in Ogden. I opted to stay home this time because my parents came to Preston for a surprise visit. We got to play a lot of games on Friday with my parents and my grandpa, and my parents even took us to El Tapatio for dinner!
On Saturday, my Mom and I played quilting most of the day. This is a quilt kit that I've had a for a few years. I finally got the quilt blocks done last year in the winter and now I have been working on putting it all together. It is so fun! I love to sew and quilt. My Mom had fun being together with me. It was good to be together.
This is the big squares all laid out on the floor. They still need to be sewn together. I guess that will wait until a different day, or a different wrestling tournament day.



5 comments:
It makes me smile so much that you are able to spend that quality time with your mom! :) :)
The quilt is beautiful. I love the center square. It looks like it took a lot of time. You did a great job!
Cute quilt. Thanks for posting on FB that you updated your blog. For some weird reason your blog doesn't update on the sidebar of my blog, I'll try to figure it out so that it will.
Thanks for letting me 'help' you with your quilt. I love quilts and I am so happy that you have developed a love for making them too. It was so fun to be together. Let's do it again! The quilt is beautiful.
The quilt is going to look even better when it gets that green border around the edges. Good job at getting all the squares done. I'm glad I got to be involved in helping with it. You're an awesome daughter!
Post a Comment