Saturday, February 8, 2014

Quesadilla Burgers

This is a photo that Will took last summer when we were eating out at Applebee's with my parents in Boise.  He emailed it to me today so I could see what they looked like, and then I proceeded to make it for dinner tonight.  I was quite pleased with my abilities to get it to almost look this good.  It was kind of one of those "a-ha" moments for me because I realized that I really do like to cook and make little creations and twists of my own on recipes.  And also that I am so much more confident than I used to be in baking and cooking, for which I am grateful for this talent and skill.  It has been one of my new year's goals for the last couple of years to learn how to make 5 new recipes.  And althought I haven't really counted to know if I got 5 or more or less than that I definitely feel like I am getting there at becoming a more talented chef for our family.

Today, it made me feel good, especially when Will said that he could eat these quesadilla burgers about once per month and it wouldn't be too often for him. 

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Good for you! I have been trying lots of new recipes this year too as I realized all of my favorites weren't very healthy & now I'm trying to eat healthier than I ever have in my life!
I enjoyed catching up on your blog for the last couple of months as well!