Saturday, February 22, 2014

February Happenings

 Friday was the West Side district tournament.  A couple of the boys qualified for the state tournament which is next weekend.
 A big shout out to the stats girls this year.  I took this photo because in past years it seems like I am the one that gets to help with the task of filling out the state seeding papers.  These girls have done a really great job this year.  I am grateful that I didn't have to help this year!
 And here's what else I've been working on the past couple of weeks.  I've had the fabric for a while, I decided since Will's sister is due to have her baby any day now, that I probably ought to get it finished. 
I actually got about half the binding hand stitched while sitting at the wrestling tournament.  I worked hard Thursday night to sew the binding on to the quilt and trim it so that I would be able to bring it with and have it to work on at the tournament.
 I am quite pleased with how it turned out.  It's sometimes hard to make quilts as gifts because after they are made I want to keep them for myself just because I think they are so cute.  But I do enjoy making them and giving them away to people, too!  So it's a good thing.

No comments: