Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fall Fishing on the Henry's Fork

 Will and I are taking advantage of this awesome fall fishing weather.  We were planning to go on an overnight float/camping trip Friday and Saturday, but kind of wimped out because we thought it would be too cold or wet from the rain.  So we just drove up Saturday morning.  Our good friends the Harrises took us in their boat and we floated Warm River to Ashton section of the Henry's Fork of the Snake River.  Fall is a beautiful time for fishing because the leaves are turning and it is just so beautiful.  It was a fun float.  I caught 3 fish right off the bat at the beginning of the trip.  Two were whitefish and this rainbow trout.  We all continued to catch fish along the way.  We stopped a few places and got out to wade and that was super fun.  Terry was a great guide and rowed us the whole way and helped us get into fish.

 I'm all in brown.  All my warm weather fishing gear is brown.  Even my sunglasses are brown.  I am glad I wore my neoprene waders because it was pretty cold!  I got cold by the end of the float.
 Will had the camera most of the time so we didn't get any photos of him.  But he did catch fish, too and had a great time.  This is the kind of stuff he dreams about.  He was so kind to tie my flies and tippet on for me when I would lost them or break them off.  What a sweetheart he is to me.  He told me it was my reward for doing the dishes all of the time.
After our float we ate dinner at Big Jud's in Ashton with Terry and Helen.  We love to hang out with them and go fishing with them.

No comments: