Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Jackson Hole, Wyoming

 Will was out of town for the weekend on a business trip to Alaska, so I decided to hang out with the Sharps and party with them on their vacation.  They were happy to have me along for which I was grateful.
 Saturday night we went to the Bar J Chuckwagon dinner and show.  I have been to this show many times and I think this was the best one yet!  I really enjoyed all the songs and the atmosphere is great.  The food was very good, too, as always.  I love the yodeling, the steel guitar playing, and they all did a medley of songs, mostly Western with a few funny ones thrown in.  In the serving line Scott Humphreys (one of the musicians) was serving food and he told me to be careful with my white shirt and not to spill on it since this was a "saucy place".  I had to wear my white Western shirt!  And I managed not to even spill on it.  Not even any sauce.


 We drove and hiked a bit in Grand Teton park.  We decided to take a sister-in-law photo.  I love Jamie!  She even went swimming with me at the hotel on Monday morning and we did about 15 lengths of the pool together. 
 I rode in the backseat with this little man.  Fun times with Ole.  I pretty much was David and Jamie's tag-a-along since Will wasn't there I needed someone to hang out with. 
 At Jenny Lake.  I know I've been here before but never got out to hike around much.  We hiked a bit on the trail and it was so pretty!

 Downtown Jackson with the family.  And the elk.
 Jamie introduced me to this store and I think I'm in trouble now.  I do have a sweet tooth.  But don't tell any of my dental patients that.  This store was awesome with all the old barrels and candy jars.  Reminded me of on Little House on the Prairie at the mercantile how they would have the candy jars.
 I did buy a small sampling of mini Swedish fish, gummy worms, and yogurt raisins.  Yummy!
 On Monday on our way home we hiked to Periodic Spring in Afton.  This is a great hike.  Will took me here and he and I hiked this trail the first year we were married. 
 We had to hike over this big glacier of snow to get to the top of the spring.  It was a bit of a challenge not to slip but we made it.  Some ice cleats would have been helpful.
It was a very fun trip!  We are lucky to live in and near such beautiful places that we can go visit and enjoy!

No comments: