Sunday, March 3, 2013

What We've Been Up To


 Kind of hard to believe that the first two months of the year have gone by.  Usually when I go to blog I can look at the photos I have taken and decide what I want to blog about.  Not so easy this time, since we haven't take a lot of photos.  I feel like we've been busy, however.

Wrestling has been a big part of our lives this winter.  Will did a great job coaching the West Side team this year.  He had to miss a tournament and senior night due to him being ill, but other than that it was a great season.  I went to very few wrestling meets this year which is quite rare for me but good all the same.  I like to go to see the team wrestle as well as be there to support Will.


 At the district wrestling tournament.  West Side qualified 6 wrestlers for State!


 State wrestling was at the Holt Arena in Pocatello.  State wrestling is a cool even because all the schools in Idaho are there wrestling for 2 days.  I think it's neat whenever the whole state gets together for an event.  West Side had two wrestlers place 3rd in their weight classes.  It was fun to be there. 
 Will had Lasik eye surgery on the 28th.  It is a miracle that he can see now without glasses or contacts!  And he even got free racquetball goggles to use.  Just kidding. They are just protective goggles that the eye doctor gave him and he had to wear the first day to protect his eyeballs.  But they look just like racquetball goggles and I'm sure he could use them for that.  He gets to sleep in them for the next couple of nights just to protect the eyes from getting rubbed or scratched.  I have been considering getting refractive correction surgery also, but thought it would be good if Will did it first so I could see how it went.  We'll see if I can talk myself into doing it at some point in my life.

While Will was just chilling after his surgery I got to go to the UDA dental meeting in Salt Lake.  It was good to be there and see some friends there and meet some nice people, and get the last few CE credits that I needed to renew my license.  We stayed the night in Salt Lake and then Friday I went to the dental meeting again while Will had his one-day follow up appointment.  

 On the way home from Salt Lake we stopped  at Sportsman's Warehouse.  Like a kid in a candy store.
 We have been tying some flies at home.  These are some flies for salmon or steelhead.


2 comments:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

That's cool that Will got LASIK!! Where did he get his procedure done?

Nancy said...

It's funny to see a picture of Will coaching. I've known he was a coach,but he seems so much like a kid to me that it's funny to think we are old enough to be coaches! Also, LASIK was the best thing I ever did. You need to brave up & do it!