My sister and her 4 kids, and my parents came to visit for Thanksgiving
weekend. We took them to the shooting range and did some target
shooting. Uncle Mike and cousin Kylie were there too. I think everyone
had a fun time and the weather was beautiful. Probably the warmest
Thanksgiving weekend we have ever had.
I was very shocked that my sister Wendy was so excited to go shooting. I never knew that about her.
Don't mess with Nicole.
Love the Henry .22 rifle.
A little friendly competition with Uncle Mike.
Heidi shooting Mike's .40.
We had a fun time together! We don't get guests very often so it was so nice of my family to come visit and stay with us.
That night was the Festival of Lights fireworks and lighted parade. It was awesome! I especially enjoyed the fireworks.
I tried my hand at 2
new crock pot recipes while they were here and I think they were a
success, for which I was grateful. Friday night I had black bean and
beef chili ready for them when they arrived and we had the leftover
crescent rolls from Thanksgiving dinner that I had made. And Sunday I
made crock pot lasagna and had it ready for the time we got home from
church. My mom made dough for cheesy breadsticks so we had that with
the lasagna. It's quite the transition for me to think about cooking
for 10 people vs. just the 2 of us like usual.
We had plenty of game playing.
That's one thing that is my family's trademark--game playing. We are
always playing games. We like card games, rummikube, apples to apples,
spot it, racko. Whatever the game is we'll play it.
Having family come to visit makes me feel like I'm not so far away from them. We should do it again sometime.
4 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment