Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fish the Bear

 Last weekend we enjoyed a float down the Bear River in our pontoon boats.  My parents were visiting and were nice enough to come shuttle for us.  We went up the Oneida Narrows and put in pretty close to the dam and floated down to the take out.  It was a beautiful day!  I got to see a bald eagle that was flying pretty close above us.  I was grateful we had oars during the little bit of white water we went through.  It was a little bit scary having to manuever around the rocks and things, but also a little bit exciting and I got a little taste of why people love white water rafting.
Fishing was good, catching was not good.  Will has always wanted to fish/float this section so it was a good first run for us.
 



Getting our rods ready.   I got a new hat on clearance last weekend. 

The colors are already starting to change.  That is one reason we love fall fishing! 

1 comment:

VicandNanc said...

We have no leaf changes here yet. I sure hope we don't miss them by waiting too long! Sounds like a great day.