Last weekend we got to see Will's brother David, his wife Jamie, and their little boy Ole. On Friday night they were going to the Preston Rodeo so we offered to watch Ole while they went. We had a good time. We got the guitar out and played some songs. Ole really liked that and was even dancing for a minute!
This boy loves spatulas! He was very entertained for at least a half hour or more!
Leading the music?
Now he's reaching after it!
Ole had a rough time going to sleep. I think he was missing his Mommy but also just had been so worn out during the day with so much going on. This was a sweet moment for me because even though it did take us a while to get him to calm down enough to go to sleep, it was nice to know that I could do it and not get frustrated or go crazy myself with all the crying he was doing. Not having any kids yet, I sometimes wonder what to do when your kid just won't stop crying. So when I think about having kids of my own there are a lot of scary things like that to consider. I guess this was a good practice for me and it was a sweet experience to be able to be calm myself and do my best at getting him to sleep. We sat down in the rocker recliner and we rocked and I rubbed and patted his back and sang him primary songs. That's what finally got him to sleep. Even after he was asleep on my shoulder he would still let our little whimpers and half-cries. He is a super cute little guy and we loved hanging out with him!
4 days ago








2 comments:
Tee hee, if we lived closer I'd let you have plenty of practice at bedtime w/ my kids! Trust me, even with 2 kids I still stress about bedtime & nighttime wake ups. It is a part of the day that if it went away I think I'd have 70% less stress! I'm glad you got some successful practice in though!!
Fun times!!! I enjoy these types of moments with the grandkids. It is so much fun!
Post a Comment