Saturday, July 14, 2012

Peas

I finally got all the peas pods picked and shucked.  It was quite the task.  And this picture is only half of the pea pods.
Tried out our Food Saver that I bought at D.I. last Christmas.  It worked pretty good, after trying a few times to try and remember how to do it.  I hope it makes them taste yummy when we pull them out of the freezer this year.  The food saver I got is just like the one my Mom had so it was a little familiar to me how to use it, but it still took a little learning through actually using it again. 

Feels good to harvest from my garden and see the results of hard work!

3 comments:

D of D,J,Dre,W.D. said...

Looks delicious! Funny - we just shucked peas yesterday! Glad that you're having a successful growing year.

Jenny said...

That always is satisfying to put up food you grew yourself. The peas look great.

csharpfamily said...

Your peas look yummy and that food saver will do great at preserving your peas. It looks like it works great. I have one too and yours looks like it is doing a great job. You guys are really great at trying and learning new things. I love to read about each new adventure to being totally self-relient. I could learn a lot from you.