Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fishing, Camping, Exploring

I was looking at the photos on the camera yesterday and forgot to download these off the camera.  This was a while back when we invited our friends the Viators to come fishing with us one night for Family Home Evening.  We had a good time.  Sometimes when we go fishing by ourselves and we catch a lot of fish we just can't help thinking how much fun it would be to have kids come along with us.  So until we can get some kids of our own, we have to borrow them, I guess.

 Friday night we went camping with Winder Ward near Cottonwood (between Banida and Swan Lake)  Will's parent's invited us to go with them and so we went and had a good time.  It got pretty cold and we were both wishing we had brought another blanket to help keep us warm at night.
We did some fishing and hooked up with a couple but didn't land them.
 With our nephew Landen
 After we left the camp site we drove around up there and explored.  We found some great scenery, it was very beautiful.  We saw a lot of bluebirds!  I don't think I have ever seen so many bluebirds.  They are so pretty.  We also saw a deer.  It was really fun to get out and do something.  All summer we have had high expectations of getting out on the weekends and doing stuff like this but for one reason or another we haven't made it out to do much.  So here's the start of an adventurous summer!

 Wild roses!  It was very cool to see these.  Can you spot it?
 We had a fun adventure in our truck and even had to put it in 4 wheel drive at one point to turn around on a road.  We saw a lot of cabins, some live-able and newer, but a lot of older, dilapidated log cabins and also this one that I thought was cool because it was a tin shack.  Can you imagine what it would sound like inside in a rain or hail storm?

1 comment:

D of D,J,Dre,W.D. said...

Looks like you had a great time! (I am envious of how sunny and warm it looks - though you're missing hats in one of the pictures, so I wonder if it was as nice as it looks)? Oh - the tin shack - come visit us during a rainstorm and you'll now what it sounds like!