Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Heidi's Surgery

 I had surgery on Monday.  It was a laproscopy to take care of an ovarian cyst and some endometriosis.  Overall I feel like the surgery went really well and I am feeling really good.  It went better than expected, although I really didn't know exactly what to expect since I have never really had anything like this done.

How do you like me in glasses?  I just got them.  In fact my parents picked them up in Boise for me and brought them to me so I would have them to wear for the surgery day.  I have worn contacts almost exclusively since high school, so it was a bit of a change to have the glasses on.  But they will be a nice alternative to wear sometimes. 
 Here is Will waiting with me pre-op.  He was so good to take me down to the hospital and wait with me and be there with me after the surgery.  It was an out-patient surgery so after I was awake and doing good we went home and I slept for several hours.  My parents were also there at the hospital after the surgery.  It was great that they could come stay with us for a couple of days to help out with stuff at home that needed to be done.
 Trying on the bonnet.  :)
 After the IV was in.  The nurses had a little trouble finding a vein in my hand, but they got one after getting me a warm blanket to wrap my hands and arms in.
 My work sent a pretty bouquet of flowers and my Mom bought me a potted basket of beautiful plants.
 The pretty spring colors of this definitely have helped me feel better.  :)
 I love the woven basket!
And my young women surprised me last night with a visit and they brought a get well card and these chocolate strawberries that they made at mutual.  They are so sweet!

I really have not had a lot of pain any of the days, for which I am grateful.  I am on antibiotics as well as ibuprofen.  Some discomfort but not any bad pain.  Overall I am very grateful for such amazing and powerful blessings received and answers to prayers and fasting. 

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Surgery is no fun! I'm glad it went well and that you're healing up well.

VicandNanc said...

Ah! Oh my goodness, I feel so out of the loop to not know about this. I need to call you soon... will you email me your phone number as all my numbers were lost with my last phone. I miss you & I'm glad your surgery went well!

Unknown said...

I'm glad everything went good. Those strawberries look delicious. I think it's nice to have a back up pair of glasses and a little change of scenery sometimes. But still I've had glasses/contacts since 3rd grade and wish so badly I could just open my eyes one morning and see.

Serge said...

Good luck with your recovery. I don't think the bonnet look is gonna catch on. We're moving to Nevada this summer, and we'll be in Logan later in June. I hope we can get together at some point.

Mark and Kristi said...

I didn't know you had endometriosis. Talk to your doctor about an herbal blend called fertility blend for women. Don't know if it would help. I know red raspberry leaves are great for your woman parts too.