Monday, March 19, 2012

Dear Goldie

Dear Goldie,

I am writing this like you are dying, yet you are only going to a new place, a new home. I will miss you when you go. We have had so many good times together. You've been so reliable when I needed you most.

We have traveled so many miles together. I still remember the day my Dad and I went to the dealer in Mountain Home and we found you and decided to buy you. Then you took me to Seattle for a while and then back home to Idaho. Pocatello was a busy place and you were so great at getting me around and also taking me back to Mountain Home on some weekends. When I got married you were so willing to accept a new co-owner and you have treated him so well, too. It was a long year that first year working in Preston, commuting from Pocatello, but you and I made it through the snowy 70 miles of road together.

I remember how you got your name. My roommate Heather had a white car and called it "Whitey". So one day she started calling you "Goldie" and it stuck.

We've tried our best to take the best care of you. And I know you have taken good care of us, too.

Even though you are not gone yet, I know the time is coming that we will have to take our separate paths. For now I keep you in the carport so you won't get too dirty. For classified ad click here.

Sincerely,
Heidi

1 comment:

Mark and Kristi said...

You must really love your car! What did you buy this time?