While traveling home Sunday night through Pocatello, we had to suddenly slam on the brakes to avoid hitting a truck who had struck a moose on the freeway. We were there right behind them about 3 car lengths or so. I am glad that Will was driving. We pulled off to the side of the road, past the bull moose that had been killed instantly. Will told me to stay in the car and keep my seatbelt on as he went running out into the median to check on the passengers in the vehicle. The truck was no pretty site as it spun, skidded, and rolled once in the median. It landed tires down, thank goodness. Will came back to the car right away and said "call 911". So I did. It was my first 911 call I've ever made. State troopers and medical help arrived quickly and got the passengers off to the hospital. Will stayed out in the median with the vehicle while I stayed in the car. I said a prayer as I was sitting in the car waiting. I prayed that the man and woman that were involved in the wreck would be okay and that they would be able to receive the medical help they needed. I thanked Heavenly Father for allowing us to be spared and not wreck. I was grateful that we were there and able to help in any way that we could. And I prayed that Will and I would be safe as we were there off to the side of the road.
Yesterday I read in the Idaho State Journal newspaper article that the couple had been taken to the hospital with only minor injuries. Which I was grateful. Will and I both were definitely counting our blessings that night. It could have been us.
Mostly what I want to remember is how blessed we felt after we drove away from the accident site. How was it that we avoided hitting the moose? How were we able to stop in time to not hit the dead moose or the truck that had swerved into our lane all of a sudden? I know it was only with Divine help. Someone was watching out for us. Prayers that day were offered in our behalf to "travel home safely."
We had been talking with Will's uncle Craig on the phone during our drive. Uncle Craig is recovering from a fall from a ladder and is still pretty bruised up and sore. I remember telling him that he must have work to do here on the earth still, otherwise the damages could have been a lot worse than they were. After the accident and we continued driving home, I kept thinking that Will and I must have some work left to do here, too. I feel blessed to be alive and so I need to get to work and find out what God would have me do. We need to be involved in His service. I guess sometimes we need a wake-up call to help remind us that we need to be doing our Heavenly Father's will. We need to serve where He needs us to serve.
4 days ago



5 comments:
Good advice, Heidi. I'm glad you guys are okay!
Wow! I'm glad you guys are okay! and the couple!
How scary! Glad everything turned out okay for everyone! Thanks for sharing your spiritual insights. Good reminder to count my blessings and take advantage of the time we have on earth.
Love your frig!!! It looks nice and big. I've always loved a big frig. So happy for both of you guys. God Bless!
Good lesson you took from it! So glad you guys were safe and were able to help.
Post a Comment