Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cabbage from Kaleen


I received a gift from one of my patients today--it was this cabbage! She was my patient right before lunch and was saying how her garden was growing and she had tons of cabbage and if she was thinking she would have brought one in for anybody in the office to fight over. Well, she lives a little way out of town. In talking to her I mentioned that I love cabbage and made eggrolls last year and coleslaw, etc. And that I would have taken the cabbage had she brought one up. Well, later in the afternoon she walked in with this giant cabbage, about the size of a basketball. She was so sweet! I mentioned that it was speedy delivery, and she said she had to come back into town so she brought it to me. It is days like this that make me feel like my patients like me and that I do a good job and it's just worth being there. Just something that I wanted to remember.

1 comment:

VicandNanc said...

Very true! I love when patients bring food in or pictures that they couldn't wait to share with me of their kid or trips :)