I wish I could post some pictures to make these posts a lot more interesting to look at, but without a personal computer at the moment (it's packed away) these word-only ones will have to do. Come to think of it, I don't think we've taken any pictures since we moved out of our house. Wow, we have lived quite the boring life the last few weeks. The public library, Will's parents' house, and at our workplaces have been our internet sources for the last 2 weeks.
The good news is that it looks like we'll be able to close on our house next Monday or Tuesday. I'm still not for sure which of those days but that is what the settlement statement papers say on them. Will and I went over to the new house this morning to meet with our plumber and also the guy that's designing the kitchen cabinets. It's nice to have everything falling into place. The cabinet shop that was originally going to do the job said they will take about 4 weeks to get the cabinets in, and so we decided to go with the local cabinet shop that said they can get things done in half the time. I feel good about supporting small-town businesses. I guess business has been slow for them here, so since they are about the same price as the other shop, I think it'll be great. I think it will be a beautiful kitchen when it all gets put together! I am excited about that.
Will had his first wrestling meet this week. It was a home meet with two other schools. West Side did pretty well. They have a lot of boys on the team (more than they ever have!) so it's quite exciting to see them all. The only bad part is that the boys that played football haven't been able to wrestle yet because in order to wrestle you have to have 10 practices. The West Side football team won the state championship this year which was awesome! But the only downside to that is that because their season went so long, they weren't able to practice early enough to get the 10 in. But next week they will all be fine.
We have been surviving in our homeless state. Grandpa is super good to let us stay there and we've been trying to be as non-invasive as possible, so he doesn't feel like his world is turned upside down. \for the most part I think he enjoys us being there. But sometimes I think he's worried about things, but I don't know. He's just a hard one to read and communicate with sometimes. And, as most old people, he has opinions and ways of doing things that cannot be messed with. But we are doing fine. We play pinochle almost every night so we're getting some good practice in. I try to fix meals for both him and us, and I have been doing some cleaning, too. Overall, it's good, but I am anxious to get into our own place again, as anyone would be.
4 days ago



2 comments:
It is true that there is no place like home. I hope that you are able to get settled soon. May God Bless You Both!
Think of how much more value your own space has when you have to live without it!! It really shows you a benefit of opposition-gratitude! Merry Christmas to you both-hope you have fun through the holidays!
Post a Comment