Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Blessings of this Moving Experience

I'm at the public library now typing this. The internet isn't as accessible to me now as it was to have it in our home.

This whole moving experience has been a little hectic and unwanted, but my mind has been blessed lately to realize a lot of the blessings that have come with it.

1. Our Uhaul. We finally found a truck to rent and even though we had to go to Logan to pick it up, we did get to use it for 4 days and only pay for 1. The day we wanted to rent it was Friday, but since Thursday was a holiday, we had to pick it up on Wednesday and didn't have to return it until Saturday afternoon. We made several trips to the storage unit and back during those few days. Thursday we mostly just relaxed and visited with family and enjoyed the day off work. But the other days we were busy, busy, busy, with packing and loading up the truck.

2. We found a place to store our boat for the month, sans rent. So, the house we are going to be moving into has a boat garage/shop which we think is really cool because it'll be nice to store the boat under a roof. But since we haven't closed on the house yet, we couldn't move the boat over. But we needed to move it out of our old place, so we were lucky enough to be able to store the boat in a shed out in Winder, at Will's parents neighbor's place. That was a major blessings because I was worried about what we were going to do with it. I am grateful for helpful family and friends.

3. Like I already mentioned in a previous post, moving really makes you realize how much stuff you have. We had to rent TWO storage units to store all of our things in. We have been blessed by so many people, too. I realized recently that most everything we have has been give to us by friends, family, or other. Will and I went to Logan last Saturday to return the truck and since we had been thinking about getting a new sofa and love seat, we decided to see if anywhere had a good Black Friday sale on some. Well, we found one that is awesome and so comfortable and will look great in our house. And it was a good deal, too! But after I realized that this is the first major furniture purchase that Will and I have made together. We both had bought things before we were married, but since we've been married we have been given everything we have. I'm grateful for good jobs that have let us earn money and save up to buy some new things.

4. We are super blessed to be able to have Will's parents, and my Grandpa close so that we can store some things and stay at their places during these few weeks of homeless-ness.

I will continue to think of more blessings and will try and write them down. I think the more we realize our blessings the more we can realize the hand of the Lord in our lives.

2 comments:

BrookieT said...

So glad you've had the help you needed. When you realize those blessings, life is sweet!

Emily said...

Way to count your blessings! The best blessings are good people around to help. I hope everything goes through quickly for your new house so you can get back to normal. It is hard to be in limbo!