Will and I had a great Thanksgiving. I think that staying here at home was a good option because of the roads being so icy and snowy, but MOSTLY because it co-incided with moving out weekend. We are going to try and make it to my parent's house sometime this Christmas season, so hopefully the weather will cooperate for us. And if not, I guess we'll be hanging out here. Who knows if we'll be into our new house by then? Here's hoping.
I am so very thankful for so many things. Yesterday my mind was turned back to Will's and my first thanksgiving together. It was before we were engaged, just dating. But pretty seriously dating. Will came home to my parents' house with me for Thanksgiving, which was very fun. I have great memories of that weekend. We jumped on the trampoline, hung out with family, watched movies, it was just great to be together with him and my family. It was this weekend that I was really finally convinced to marry this guy. It had been the popular topic of my thoughts and prayers and finally I felt like I had an answer--some closure to my thoughts. I remember feeling very happy about the whole weekend and then on the drive back home to Pocatello, I told Will about how I felt and how it was such a great weekend for me. Anyway, it was a great memory for me especially as I was thinking about how much I have and how grateful I am for everything. I am grateful for a wonderful husband!
We had Thanksgiving dinner at Will's mom and dad's house. We had us, Aunt Tracy and two of her girls, Kelsey and Mariah, Grandpa Wilson, Will's parents, and Karen, Brayden, and Landen. Dinner was very yummy. I don't remember liking sweet potatoes as much as I did yesterdays. They were delicious! I like them, but these yesterday were soooo good!
Moving makes me realize how much stuff we have and how blessed we are. I am thankful.
4 days ago



2 comments:
Thanksgiving always makes me count my blessings as well. I am so glad that you guys were with family for Thanksgiving. All our family was here. To include Tammy's sister and her husband and baby. I felt so very blessed...I can't begin to tell you. Michael came home from college and of coarse Will's family and Val's family. What a joy! What a blessing! Tell your family that we love them all. We send our love your way!!! May God Bless!
Happy Holidays!!! And have a fun move. I know that you will. You always make everything so much fun!
Staying home is always nice. I hate holiday traveling!
I do love rehashing old memories though :) It is fun to think about the times our mind was in pure bliss.
Post a Comment