Friday, October 22, 2010

Egg Rolls




Will is a pretty fast stirrer




I love the harvest season. It definitely makes for a busy time trying to harvest and preserve food from the garden.

We made egg rolls this week. Not just a few...probably about 80 or more! We used cabbage, carrots, and onions from our garden and added a few other fresh veggies we picked up from the store. They are pretty easy to make especially when everyone helps out.

A couple of years ago we made them with Will's mom's help, so this year we decided to do it again. But we 4X'd the recipe and made a whole bunch to keep in the freezer for quick meals. Yum!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I love making food from the veggies in my garden. It makes me feel domestic, well, more domestic than usual. Yummy eggrolls.

csharpfamily said...

Yum!!!! I love egg rolls! How fun!

VicandNanc said...

Yum, I love home made eggrolls. That will be so nice to have. I was so surprised to see that you updated!!! I am excited I'll be checking up on you again. I had to skim to try to catch up, but the fishing trips looked great! This fall has been so beautiful & the best I can remember in a while so I see why you loved that day. Also, I would be SO nervous for Vic to plan our entire trip! Looks like Will did a great job though :)

Anonymous said...

wow this is soo cool! You will have to teach me how to make homemade egg rolls! Good food storage eh!?

BrookieT said...

I've never heard of making eggrolls from your fall harvest- what an awesome and YUMMY idea!!