Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Island Park Weekend

Our good friends Nancy and Victor invited us to Island Park last weekend up to their cabin. We couldn't resist going! So we drove up and arrived late Thursday night at the cabin (after driving around the island for a while...) We love to hang out with Vic and Nancy and their baby Tommy, they are so much fun. We played in the water on the jet-skis and tubes and just relaxed indoors playing cards and games a lot, too. It was a super sweet vacation for us and we had an awesome time.
Here is Vic and Will playing on the water. I didn't get very many pictures of us playing in the water (forgot the water camera) but we had some good times playing on the tube and riding on the lake. Nancy and I even went out on the paddle boat for a little while!
It was so beautiful! The weather was a little bit cool during parts of the day but the sun and the wetsuits helped us stay warm enough in the water. This was my first visit to Island Park during the summer.

Will and I stopped at a little stream and did some fishing on our way home Saturday. We stopped at Moose Creek and found this cute little stream flowing through a meadow and a cute little camping spot. I wouldn't mind camping here sometime.


We caught a few brook trout. Wow they fight so hard! Especially fun on a fly rod with a dry fly.




Sunflowers!!I love sunflowers and I have grown them every year that we have lived in this house. They grew so tall this year and are so cool!
This spot next to the house is an awesome place for flowers because it gets so much sun and is protected from the wind a bit. The trunks of these sunflowers are so huge!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! Your sunflowers are so big...!