Sunday, June 6, 2010

Utah Free Fishing 2010

Will and I went to Clinton, UT for Utah Free Fishing Day. We hung out and stayed with Uncle Mike and Aunt Vera and their kids. This is the 3rd year in a row that they have taken us fishing. This year we went yard sale-ing in the morning and that was a blast. They are always telling us about the good deals they get at yard sales and we have been wanting to go with them so I'm glad we finally got to. We found some good deals.

Mike took us fishing at Willard Bay in the afternoon and evening. The weather was beautiful! Friday's weather was rainy and stormy so we were really hoping and praying for good weather and we got it! Yea! Tyler came out with us and it was good to hang out with him.

Will caught a very big walleye. It was camera shy so unfortunately this is the only picture I got of it. The fish kept getting bigger every time we talked about it. I would guess about 20 inches?
Tyler's way of trolling...zzz....
I caught this crappie while trolling. Definitely the biggest I've ever caught.
Uncle Mike and his "baby" wiper. We didn't get into any big wipers this time, but we hope to come back in about a month when it really gets good.
We all had our fair share of snags, here's one of Will's catches. A small tree!
Will caught a baby wiper, too. I am so impressed that they are so aggressive to go after a lure that's about half their size!
Will hooked up with this other nice crappie right before dark. Overall we had a very fun time, even though we got home very late last night. It was so good to see Mike and Vera and the kids. They are such fun kids and a blast to hang out with. Friday night we played Wii Mario Kart with them and that was fun. Vera made us a scrumptious meal on Friday night and I still find myself wanting more of the green salad that she made. Cilantro, mmm. It was all so good!!

2 comments:

Ktbug said...

Sounds like you had fun Heidi! Keep up the good work! :)You need to tell me about these fishing adventures you go on more often. I always learn about them on your blog. Too bad our ops are so far away in the office. It's difficult to have a conversation through a wall. haha

BrookieT said...

I LOVE yard-sale-ing! I do it every other saturday when I don't work. there are always treasures to be found.