
We spent all of Friday and Saturday in Pocatello at the State Wrestling tournament. It was a long two days, but good. It was good to see all the boys wrestle as good as they did. The team had 8 boys that qualified for state. Two kids placed in the top 6, Steven Hardy took 2nd place at 189 lbs. and Ryan Roberts took 5th place at 140 lbs.
I didn't feel great the last few days since I've had a cold. I made it through the two days though. I went to church today and I feel a little bit better than I have been. Thanks for the Dayquil I have had a somewhat-clear head.
State Wrestling is a one-of-a-kind event. All the schools, big and small, from the whole state get together in one location and wrestle. The first round they have 16 mats spread across the floor, then they cut it back to 8, and then 4 for the finals. I don't know of any other high school sport that has the whole state get together for a tournament. (Maybe track does, too, I don't know). Wrestling is unique that way.
Here is a picture of Will with Ryan Roberts during the tournament after one of his matches.
Friday night on the bus, Will was in good spirits.I can hardly believe that wrestling is over for another season. It seems like it went really quickly this year. We definitely stayed busy so I guess that makes it go by quickly. The team was bigger this year than it has been in a while. They are a great bunch of boys with lots of spirit and energy. Sometimes a little too much energy. We will miss those that are graduating but hope for a strong team again next year. Will and the other coaches are already planning things to help make the team bigger and better for next year. Even though wrestling seems like an individual sport, it is an amazing sport that requires blood, sweat, and tears from a lot of people (the wrestlers, parents, coaches, friends, administrators, tournament directors, etc.)
Now that wrestling is over hopefully we can get spring here. We are anxious to get back into warmer fishing weather where we don't have to bundle up quite so much. If only we can get the sun to melt all this white stuff.



No comments:
Post a Comment