
We had a good Halloween. Really wasn't too eventful since neither of us are that in to Halloween and we don't have kids to help us get into it. We went to our ward Halloween party on Friday night for a bit and had a good time eating and visiting. It was fun to see other people's costumes and creativity. I dressed up at Miss Idaho--Hick, and Will dressed up as a doctor (see the scrub pants?) Amazingly enough, I already had all of my costume accessories. The "miss Idaho" sash was from a previous halloween costume from when I lived in Everett, WA, the red scarf was one that I made years ago when I was in girl scouts, (the only reason I hung on to it was that I thought it could be a good costume), the shirt and pants were discovered during the closet cleaning, and the straw hat I bought at a thrift store a couple years ago, and it has just been waiting for the perfect opportunity to wear it. I wore Will's cowboy boots. I had the young women at the party that were doing a face painting booth paint freckles on my face.
I wanted to post pictures of our closet cleaning project. It turned out really great and I'm so glad we did it. After we cleared it all out, Will repaired the hole in the wall with some mud, and then I painted the walls and the shelves. I decided to put shelf paper on the shelves and then vacuumed it out really good. I'm very happy with the result. We got rid of some clothes and items and the rest we just re-organized so it wouldn't be so cluttery.
BEFORE: (terrible, I know)
I was very happy to get the stuff in the closet again. It took a whole week for the whole project to get done and in the midst of it all, our living room was temporarily turned into a closet/bedroom. We moved our mattress into the living room to sleep so that the paint could dry and we wouldn't have to breathe in the fumes in our sleep. Here's some pictures of the interim:
Like I said, I was VERY happy to get everything back in order.
In other news, we went fishing yesterday at Glendale Res. It was pretty chilly, but sunny and not too bad. Probably one of the nicest days we have had in a while. The fishing was good, the catching was meager, and overall we had a great time. We had not been fishing for a long time it seems like, so it was good to get out.I used my "new" pampered chef apple slicer/corer/peeler on Friday and put some apples on the dehydrator. I bought it at a yard sale this summer ($5) and have just been waiting for the right time to be able to use it. Goldia at work gave me a bag of apples this week, so I knew it was time. Thanks Goldia!

We planted some daffodil and tulip bulbs in our front yard yesterday. It was something that I've been looking forward to doing and very excited about. I love spring flowers so I'm excited to see them come up next year!
And last but not least, we are taking the family history course in Sunday School now at church. I think it will be good for us to learn the programs and be able to participate more in that. And, if anybody is interested, we can give you the weekly lessons and assignments each week. :)







7 comments:
Wow. That's quite a transformation. You could go on TV for one of the make-over shows! Love the photos of the living room!!!
Looks like you had a fun Halloween. I remember the Miss Idaho banner!
Love ya,
Mom
Cute costumes! And I definitely love the after photo!
i love the before and after of the closet. good job!
I remember the Halloween with the beauty pageant sashes -- hilarious that you kept yours!
I drove through Mountain Home last weekend and though of you. It was so windy, the car would barely stay on the road and there were herds of tumbleweeds crossing the highway. And I thought...I hope Heidi's family doesn't blow away!
I love reading your blog! Thanks for all the great details.
Love, Juli
Wow, what an eventful blog post! I love cleaning out closets. A clean closet is the pathway to a peaceful mind. It makes you feel so good. It looks great
I love cleaning out my closet! I do it 1-2x/month :) Also, that is funny you were a hick for Halloween because I was going to be that too, but I didn't have a straw hat so I changed my mind at the last minute & didn't do anything.
Love your costumes! I wish Kenny and I were creative enough to figure out costumes for Halloween...but we're not. I bet it felt soooo good to clean up your closet! I know how much better I feel after I've cleaned up a mess. :) Anyway, we got our Halloween food ideas just off the internet. I just Googled Halloween Food Ideas and I found a good website that had a bunch on there (I can't remember the website though). :( It was fun to eat and everything turned out pretty good.
Post a Comment