4 days ago
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Opposition
I was thinking about why we have to get sick once in a while. Will has been sick for a couple of days. It was just a sore throat the past few days (which we thought was from yelling so much at the wrestling matches), but he's had bad headaches and then today he stayed home from church because he was having the hot-chills thing all last night. So, it makes me sad when either he or I gets sick because I like to think that we are pretty healthy people and are pretty careful about hand-washing, etc. My thoughts were turned to the fact that we have to have opposition in our lives and if we are never sick, we can't truly appreciate good health. Well, I try really hard to always be appreciative of good health so I don't have to get sick all the time to remember it. I think another reason is so that we can have better practice taking care of each other. I have been up in the middle of the night a couple of times this week taking care of Will, getting him medicine, water, extra blankets, etc. During the night I am totally sleepy but I am driven to get up and take care of him because I love him and I know he needs help. He does the same for me when I am sick. For those reasons, I am understanding a little bit more about opposition and illness. I am still feeling totally fine and I hope to not get sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment