Even though I was a bit late getting it planted, my garden has been very good to us so far this year! I went out Monday and picked this bowl full of crook neck squash and cucumbers,
Two green bell peppers,
And three beets, one of which was gigantic! I wasn't quite sure how to prepare fresh beets so I just washed, peeled, cut them up, and boiled them. They turned out very good and tasty! It was fun to have dinner from the garden. I am grateful that our garden has grown and that we're able to get good food from it and save money. I am not the perfect gardener by any means, but I do feel like I get better at it each year.
My little handyman has been working hard this week at his parent's house here in Preston. He has been re-doing their bathroom floor. First taking out the cabinets, toilet, etc. and then the floor's old vinyl and wood,
And putting down new tile. We both have been working so hard this week, we hope to get out and do some fishing this weekend!



2 comments:
Wow look at all those veggies! Yum! Good work with the garden!
Wow, that's awesome that Will is helping re-do his parents' house. With all his newly-developed skills it's great he can share his talents. Maybe I need to get on the list!
Your garden harvest looks wonderful, Heidi. I am jealous of your cucumbers especially. I LOVE cucumbers.
Post a Comment