Sunday, June 21, 2009

Camping Trip

I've been wanting to post about our camping trip last weekend. We camped at Baumgartner Campground in Idaho (north of Mountain Home). It was a family reunion for my side of the family, just parents and siblings and family. We had a great time. It was colder than normal and very wet and rainy this year. Thank goodness for the trailers and tarps and umbrellas to be able to stay dry! Waterproof clothing was definitely a necessity. Here's some highlights and pictures from the trip. (Thanks Mom for sending me most of these pictures)

Game playing--a definite must in any Jensen get-together. We taught Brent and Allison how to play pinochle and played several games with them, mostly inside the trailer but we did get to play outside a time or two in between rainstorms. They got pretty good at it and ended up beating us in the last couple of games.
Playing the "washer game"

Eating yummy food-that is definitely something we don't lack during camping. YUM!
Swimming- At the campground there is a hot springs pool that is great to swim and soak in.
I was enjoying a little bit of sun for a minute
Will discovered a new love for splitting wood

Fishing-- We fished at Anderson Ranch Reservoir on the way up to the campground. Will caught this smallmouth bass. It's a big one, huh? Ha ha.

The river was super high and fast, but Will did go fishing in it so he could try his new spey rod. He got rained on a lot, but hardly even noticed because he was fishing! I'm sure if he wasn't fishing, he would have definitely been out of the rain.

And here's one for all you ornithologists out there. We saw this bird on our drive to the campground. Do you know what it is?
After Will's research online, we determined that it is a dusky grouse, formerly known as a blue grouse.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

what a weird looking bird.

VicandNanc said...

I am glad you were still able to have fun in the rain! I've never even heard of an ornithologist!! I prefer to say "bird expert" haha!

Burdick Family said...

Looks like a good time, even in the rain!

BrookieT said...

I miss camping SO much. I haven't been since high school...