Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, I am excited about the new year 2009. We had a rockin' party last night at Will's parents house. Heidi's parents came to Preston yesterday so they got to celebrate with us, along with Grandpa Jensen. Will's mom made ham fried rice, fried shrimp, shrimp dip and potato chips, and we had yummy ice cream for dessert. The food was SOOOO good! Will's mom makes some excellent food. Good thing the fried foods are only for special holiday parties like New Years.

We played games like Rook (our favorite), Yahtzee, SkipBo, Have You Herd, and Uno. We were originally going to be party poopers and celebrate with New York at their time midnight (10 o'clock our time) but we actually did end up staying up until midnight. I honestly don't know how we did that since we are usually in bed by 10 or 10:30 p.m.

I took my camera with so that we could take pictures of our game playing extravaganza, but didn't take any! The games were just too fun!!

Today was a fun day, too. Yummy french toast breakfast, more games with family, went to Logan and ate at Golden Corral (super yummy but always eat too much--the banana cream pudding is just TOO good. Definitely our favorite) and then came back to our house and played more games. Wow, we like games! But I am pretty tired now and ready to sleep. Figures, since it's 10 o'clock! I'll see if my mom took any pictures, and maybe post them at a later date.

4 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

SO fun fun fun. I love games too. I think there really is nothing better than being together as a family and just laughing uncontrollably.

Valerie and Christopher said...

that sounds way fun! i was such a pooper this year...in bed by 9:45...maybe next year LOL

VicandNanc said...

AAAAAHhh! This just reminded me that you called & I DIDN'T call you back! I'm sorry!!! I have been so sick that I spent the last two days in bed. Yesterday I didn't even wake up until 1pm!! I guess that should answer if we are making it to Logan this weekend. I swear something ALWAYS comes up! I'm sorry!!!! We WILL get around to it though, I promise! Love you :)

csharpfamily said...

We had a big dinner for New Years. I have to say that only half of us brought in the New Year. Everyone else was too tired. We did help the kids bring in the New Year at 8:00 by banging on Pots and Pans. After all the banging, we played games until the ball dropped then we all dropped like flies.