Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Years Post

It's been fun having my parents here and being able to play games and enjoy spending time together. It's been nice to have some time off work, too. I only worked two days this week and last week, so going back to 4 days a week might be more of an adjustment than usual.

Anyway, just to recap our holidays and post more pictures.

We DID end up being snowed in on Christmas day. Here's a picture of what the snow was doing on Christmas evening.


We got tons of snow! I heard reports that we had 18 inches on new snow fall on Christmas day. Crazy.


Since our house has a tin metal roof, the snow slides off pretty easily. It will most of the time end up falling to the ground below. But sometimes it just creeps slowly and doesn't end up falling off the roof, but just kinda curls around the roof edge.

When we are inside the house and some snow falls off the roof, it makes a pretty loud sound. It was kind of un-nerving to hear when it first started happening (last year) but now that we're used to it, it's okay. One night Will wanted to see if he could help the snow off the roof by throwing the snow shovel at it to knock it down. Here's some pictures from that night.


It was fun to have my parents here for the weekend. As already mentioned we played A LOT of games which was super fun. I think we set a Jensen family record for the highest bid in the game of Rook. My Dad and I were bidding, and we both bid it up to 175! I passed and he took the bid at 175. Crazy. We took pictures of our cards so that we could show the others what we were bidding on. This was my hand of cards:


And this was my Dad's:

Unfortunately he didn't make the bid but it sure was exciting to have such a high bid!

Okay just a couple more pictures. Will and I went shooting at the gun range today. It was pretty snowy, but our car made it. Good car. It was pretty cold, my fingers got pretty frozen. My favorite is shooting the .22's that we have. Will's favorite is...well...technically I'm not sure which is his favorite. He REALLY likes guns, though! All kinds!


I hope everybody had a great Christmas and New Years holiday!!

1 comment:

csharpfamily said...

Wow! How fun! I love the fact that it snowed on Christmas and that you played games with your family. We play games here to and we also think that it is a lot of fun! I really enjoyed the pictures. I am glad that you guys are having so much fun and enjoying life.