Well, we finally got our snow for the year. Last Friday night/Saturday it stormed and we've had snow on the ground ever since. I was kind of missing the snow, but now that it's here I remember how cold and wet and miserable it can be to drive and walk in it. Oh, well. It sure was pretty today when it was snowing. The flakes were so pretty and light, falling just like you would see in a Christmas movie. It was beautiful!
We are officially into wrestling season. West Side had their first tournament at Malad last Friday and Saturday. I didn't go with the team on Friday, but I did go Saturday. Friday I had to stay home so that I could be here for when Wendy (my sister) and family came to visit. It was SOOOOOO fun to have them here. We don't have overnight guests very often. I forget how nice it is! Even though they were only here for overnight and then left in the morning for SLC, it sure was good to visit with them and see them. They enjoyed the Christmas lights that Preston has, and they were able to visit Grandma and Grandpa Jensen, too.
Saturday was a whole day of wrestling tournament. For those who have never been to a wrestling tournament, there's a lot of waiting that goes on. You wait for it to start, you wait for your team to be up, you wait between rounds, you wait during intermission, you wait during blood time, etc. I am really considering investing in one of those seat cushions you can put on a bleacher to make it a soft seat. The bleachers got pretty hard after 1 hour of sitting. Considering we were there for about 5 hours, they were SUPER hard by the end of the day. West Side's team is doing well. It's a fairly young team (quite a few freshmen this year) but there's a lot to be said for their effort and stamina. They may not be winning most of their matches now, but it won't be long until that changes. Will enjoys coaching the boys. He does well with them. Go WEST SIDE WRESTLING!!
Sunday we went to Wellsville UT to have a little family party with the Wilson's. We had yummy
supper and a little family home evening lesson. It's always fun to get together.
Other than that, Will and I have been tying flies, shoveling snow (thanks Will!), working, and trying to stay warm and keep up with things. Haven't done much Christmas shopping yet. I may have to do some belated gift-giving this year. Oh, well. Either that or get to some online shopping in a hurry.
4 days ago




3 comments:
I think it is great you go and support Will during the wrestling meets. Just so you know I am pretty sure my dad has a few of those soft cushions stowed away in his office. You should stop by and ask him some time I bet he'd let you take one. After all you do clean his teeth, he owes you!
I think that is so great you can go to wrestling matches all day. Vic loves wrestling, but I'd rather stare at a crack in the sidewalk than sit at a tournament!! I hope you have time to celebrate Christmas among all of that!
sounds like you guys are having fun. i miss seeing the snow (not driving in it...just seeing it) i love that you guys have a mutual hobby and support each other so well. :)
Post a Comment