Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend pictures


Yesterday was a very fun day! Will had a wrestling tournament in the morning. He is very excited about this year's wrestling team. They have more kids this year than last year, and some good potential in all of them.

While he was gone I decorated our Christmas tree--don't worry, I left him a few ornaments to put on when he got home so he could help.

What do you think?

I LOVE IT! I've always in the past put colored lights on my tree. But this year we had a pre-lit tree that had white lights on it. I don't know why I never tried white lights before but I think this was a good eye-opener for me because this is my most favorite tree that I've done. My tree is mostly just a "memory tree". I have so many ornaments that have such fond memories associated with them. Whether they are ones I've made, or just special memories from where or who I got them from, it's great! So, even though there's not really a specific theme, I still love it and think it looks very pretty.

Will put together his "new" gun. Really it's just a different stock on the Ruger 10/22 rifle to make it look like an AR. We went out and shot guns for about an hour and had a blast. It was loads of fun! It's a good thing that .22 ammo is fairly cheap.



My work Christmas party was last night in Logan on USU campus. We had a Copper Mill restaurant catered dinner buffet and watched a Pickleville Playhouse play. The food was DELICIOUS! The play was pretty cute. The actors were very talented and had some pretty funny jokes. It was fun to get together with work friends! It's actually kind of refreshing to do that once in a while outside of the work setting. And since I actually did my hair nice we had to take a picture or two.



A beautiful sunset that we shared on the way to Logan, UT

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I love your tree! It looks so beautiful, yet comfortable and homey. LOVE IT.

I thought of you last night. I was watching one of those late night Utah outdoors shows and saw a feature on the Bonneville Whitefish spawning at Bear Lake. They said the fishing from the shores is excellent right now. Because you fish and are up in that area, it made me think of you and smile. Glad to hear about your fun weekend!

Janelle said...

Is Will coaching wrestling now I had heard they were having a hard time getting someone to do it! Your tree is gorgeous I think you are right about the white lights I ahve always been a colored lights girl but I think the white makes it look more elegant!

BrookieT said...

Our trees never have a theme either. We have a tradition where everybody gets a new ornament each year that they choose. We did that all growing up, so when I left home I got to take all my ornaments with me! It means more than just a decorated tree, every time I look at it!

Michelle W. Nate said...

I love your tree! We have a memory tree also. Every year I get or make a new ornament for each of us. It's the best when we pull them out and the kids get all excited to see their ornaments again. I also have to comment on the office party. I suppose everyone had a date after all. Darn it. I was hoping for a call from someone. :) Glad you had fun!

VicandNanc said...

I had a lot of reading to catch up on with you! Thanksgiving sounded like fun & I hope I enjoy my office party too. Yours sounds a little better, but hey free food is free food! haha.. Your tree is cute too. I thought it was real at first look! I'll have to post a picture of ours soon! Are you headed this way any time this month? We'd LOVE to have you!

Tammy said...

cute tree!