Monday, November 3, 2008

Quilting


Will had a great idea last weekend. He thought it would be good for "us" (mostly meaning me) to make a baby quilt for our new nephew Caden Sharp that was born on October 2nd. We went to the baby blessing this past weekend and luckily I was able to get it done in time. Even though Saturday night while we were traveling I made David (Will's brother) keep the dome light on in the car so I could finish hand stitching the binding. But, I got it done.

It turned out very cute! Even cuter than I had imagined! I had the Pooh Bear piece from a garage sale about a year ago, but the other fabric I bought last week. I was a little bit rushed when I was buying the fabric so I wasn't absolutely positive that I would end up loving it. But I do really love it and am very pleased that it turned out so cute!





I am grateful to my neighbor who let me borrow her quilt frames, tacks, needles, etc. to tie it.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

It's darling! What a lucky little nephew you have.

Kate Call said...

great job!! i'm so impressed! its so cute. i LOVE crafts and sewing!!

Unknown said...

I agree the quilt is adorable. I especially love the we, meaning you. That happens in our house all the time and it goes both ways. That's so funny.

Emily said...

Nice work Heidi!! I'm impressed at your sewing ability. Maybe you could give me a lesson?!

Michelle W. Nate said...

Way to go! Looks great! You are so multi talented.

Emily said...

Wow, not only did you do those cute candlesticks, but quilt too! Wow you are so talented!

thesearlesociety said...

Great job on the quilt. It's way cute! Makes me want to do some sewing project too!

BrookieT said...

Yay! I love it and am very impressed with your skillz.

Jim and Britanie Miller said...

Hey Heidi! I'm glad you found my blog. It's nice to hear from ya.