A few of my readers requested that I post the recipe for the cheesy breadsticks that I made (see last post) so here it is!
Dough: (just a basic white bread recipe)
4 cups hot water
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
2 tsp. salt
2 Tb. yeast
10-11 cups flour
Stir together and knead for 10 minutes. Shape dough as desired (loaves, breadsticks, etc.) Put in greased pans. Let rise double. Bake 400 degrees F for 30 minutes. Makes about 4 loaves.
NOTE: I just HALF this recipe to make enough for one big pan of breadsticks and a little bit leftover that I usually just shape into rolls and bake them separately. Use your own judgement based on how much you need. ALSO: When making breadsticks, after it has risen bake it for about 10 minutes, then remove from oven and add the toppings and then put it back in the oven for another 8-10 minutes more. This helps the dough to bake all the way without making the cheese and other toppings too overdone and crispy.
Toppings:
Butter
Garlic salt
Onion powder (that's my secret ingredient for everything I make!)
Any other spices you like--season to taste
Mozerella cheese
Cheddar cheese
Meat (optional) I have used ground sausage, and grilled chicken--both yummy. I would like to try bacon sometime with the chicken but haven't yet. Also, I put a little bit of ranch on right before the cheese when I put chicken on it.
So, after you take the dough out of the oven after the first 10 minutes of baking, spread about 2 Tablespoons of butter on the top (you can use more if you want.) Then sprinkle on seasonings. And then both kinds of cheeses. Return to oven for 8-10 more minutes.
One of the best things about this is you can totally personalize it with the kinds and amounts of spices, cheeses, meats, or whatever. Just try what you think you might like! Refer to the last post for a picture.
4 days ago



1 comment:
OOooOOO- that DO look good! Thanks for sharing...
Post a Comment