One other thing we did yesterday was say farewell to our pink chair. This chair has a long history both in Will's apartments that he lived in as a bachelor and also since we've been married.Luckily the D.I. accepted this chair as a donation. I personally was considering upholstering it, since it is a really comfortable chair. But, we did get a nice recliner from Will's grandparents so we decided to get rid of the pink chair.
Isn't it incredibly PINK?? I know someone is going to practically faint from excitement when they see it for sale at D.I.
I tried to freecycle it, but no takers. Lots of people emailed me about it, but when I sent them this picture, they all replied back with "oh, wow, that's too pink" or "we had something else in mind". If only they could sit in it and see how comfortable it is. Oh, well, at least I tried to find a home for it.



7 comments:
So I stumbled across your blog, hope you don't mind and added a link on mine. I am very sad to see the pink chair gone. I think it's funny nobody took it off freecycle. Here in Rock Springs I can't get my hands on anything through that site. Whenever I email I get response that it was taken like two minutes after it was posted, so I am about to give up on that. Anyway here is a link to our blog so we can stay in some sort of contact. http://mossboysnmom.blogspot.com/
that is a FLAMING pink chair! so funny! i love "college furniture"... makes me laugh, i had a bunch of mine own i slowly got rid of! now that pink chair will become some other college student's memory, someone will find it at the DI and think they have won the lottery!
It's awesome! I wish my daughter was a bit older so I could make her a crazy fun room with bright colors in it. That would have been hot!
Wow. Very pink. I was laughing...funny post.
That chair is hilarious! It does look pretty comfy. I'm surprised Will let you part with it--isn't pink his favorite color? J/k
It's like letting go a part of you. I am so glad you guys use freecycle! You rock! Glad you found a place for it anyway...
I saw it! I actually busted up laughing when I saw it at the DI. I didn't check to see how much they were asking for it though. Should have.
Post a Comment