Wednesday, October 15, 2008

FedEx and Fish

The FedEx man delivered our fish today! It was kind of a big fiasco to get the fish to us for the right price, but I'm glad we got it. Here's the short version of the story: The people at the fish processing place where we left it weren't there when we were scheduled to pick it up, so we weren't able to bring it home on the airplane with us. But Will has been corresponding with them on the phone the last 2 weeks and worked out quite a deal. He's such a good negotiator.


I put one of the fillets in the fridge to thaw, so in a day or two hopefully we will be enjoying salmon! Not just any salmon, but the silver salmon that we caught in the ocean in Alaska! We plan on sharing our catch with friends and family.

4 comments:

Jason said...

Camille's uncle lives in AK; he brings fish down to us every once in a while; its so dang good, but I bet its better when you catch them yourself.

Michelle W. Nate said...

Finally! I am so glad you got it! Enjoy it!

Burdick Family said...

Seeing your fish reminds me of when I worked in Alaska doing just that- processing fish. So, I know the whole process that your fish went through to become those beautiful vacuum-packed fillets. I still think Salmon is delicious though, even after all that. (:

BrookieT said...

I was wondering how that all went...it looks succulent!