2 days ago
Monday, August 18, 2008
Wild Cow Milking
Will and I went to "Bull Bonanza" here in Preston on Saturday night after having yummy pastrami burgers with his parents. Yum! I had not been to a bull bonanza before and since I do live in Preston now, I feel somewhat obligated to go at least once. :)
They had some mutton bustin' at the beginning but the rest was mostly bull riding. Most of the bull riders didn't last very long! I think there were only 3 or so qualified rides (8 seconds or more). The winner took home a few thousand dollars which will probably just go towards medical expenses. (he got hurt).
Anyway, the other thing they did was WILD COW MILKING! I didn't really know what to expect since I hadn't been to see it before. It was WILD! Several teams had to chase a cow down, rope it, and then hold it down long enough to get some milk in a coke bottle. Ha ha. It was hilarious to watch. The video isn't as light as I hoped it would be but you can still kinda get the idea of what it was. I don't know what the winner got, but it was some good entertainment nonetheless.
Probably one of the coolest things about the night was one of the clown acts in between some of the bull rides. They blew up a watermelon! It was a huge watermelon and there was nothing left of it once it blew! Will said that was his favorite part of the night. I wish I had taken a movie of it.
It was a fun little date night! If you're ever in Preston, Idaho for the Franklin County Fair, you should come see what it's all about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
That's hilarious. I loved hearing your laugh again!
That's awesome! This is my new favorite event. Thanks for sharing, I really like reading your blog. You sound so busy, I'm jealous.
Whoa! Man if I was a cow and saw a heard of humans coming towards me to milk me, I'd run too! LOL Hilarious!
Where is your main picture blog taken? We need to go hiking there!!! It's so beautiful.
Post a Comment