Tuesday, March 11, 2014

New Exercise Room

This is our new exercise room!  It took some cleaning up to get it like this, but I'm so happy about it I decided to blog about it.  So since we recently finished our basement, we moved the guest bed to the downstairs bedroom and decided to make the upstairs extra room into an exercise room.  It has some storage on the one wall and closet, too.

Will and I have both been doing some indoor exercise for the last 6 months or so.  It has just been in the living room until now.  We are doing the Men's Health Delta Fit Speed Shred DVD program.  It's been really good.  We haven't lost tons of poundage, but we have noticed some changes in our muscles and how our clothes fit and how we look.  I think the program is pretty good, except for the guy on the DVD is pretty annoying so sometimes it's nice to fast-forward through the rest periods.  The workouts use the dumbells, the step-up, the ball, and also a lot of pushups.  It's pretty much a circuit training-type fitness program with so much time working out and then rest periods, too.  Each workout is different.

The treadmill is a used one.  Will got it for me for Valentine's Day.  Can you believe the nerve he had to do something like that......???  No honestly I was so happy that he found it for me-- I only tease him about it.  I had been wanting to get one and looked online a little at used one and in stores at new ones.  I wanted a semi-nice one but I didn't want to pay $1,000 bucks for it so I was just kind of keeping an eye out for a used one for sale.  Anyone that knows Will, knows that he can always find a good deal, and it was even in Preston!  Our friend Scott came over a couple weeks ago and helped Will pick it up and get it in the house.  I have used it a few times last week and this week.  I think it's going to be great!  I got a little bit more into jogging last summer and so I was wanting to get a treadmill so that I can have an indoor option to help me get back into the running mode.  I still would like to run outside when it gets warmer and lighter in the mornings.

No comments: