I signed up to do my first run of the year. It was fun run here local sponsored by the hospital and physical therapy section. I opted to do the 1 mile run because I really haven't been running much yet this spring. It was a beautiful day to be outside. I wore lucky number 7! I was lucky in the fact that I won the drawing for the $10 entrance fee. They had a thing on facebook and I won so I didn't have to pay the $10. Awesome!
Getting ready to start the race. I thought there would be more people, but one of the guys in charge was saying how it was a good turnout.
Yep that's me, coming in first. At the 1 mile turn off (where the others went straight for the 3 mile route) I was the only one turning turning so I was running solo for the last half mile.
My time was 10:29 which I was happy about. I hope to continue running and exercising so that I can do at least 1 more run, a 5K this summer.
"We're number 1!" I say "we" because Will was so good to come support me and take photos for me. He even said he would consider doing it next year if he can get some training on how to run without getting shin splints.
We got to eat a little breakfast after and get my 1st place medal.
4 days ago











1 comment:
Bravo! I'm impressed!
Post a Comment