Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break--Day 1

Fishing at Black Canyon on the Bear River near Grace, ID



It was a pretty cold day because of the wind. We bundled up and went out anyway. As we were putting on our waders I thought "we're crazy" because it was so cold. The sun came out for a brief visit and the wind died down a little bit, but it was still pretty cold the whole time.
We had a picnic in the car. I love picnics. I love making and packing up the food ALMOST as much as the picnic itself.
Can you see the deer? We got to watch the deer eat as we were eating in the car. Pretty cool to see animals in the wild. We saw deer, vulchers, and even bison. Lots of cattle with baby calves, too!

Fish on! We each had a couple of fish on our lines. Will said it was very therapeutic for him to get out and fish again. I agree. We had a fun day.

Last but not least. Here's a picture of our General Conference setup. That is a laptop computer on the little table in the middle of the floor. We plugged speakers into it and watched General Conference via live stream internet. It was so cool! The picture was so clear. Not a bad way to go. Comfortable couch, pillows. It was great to hear the words from the prophets.

Bonus: I'm still trying to decide on my living room curtains. If anyone has any opinions please share. I have another brown panel to match, but I thought the green might add a bit of color to the room. So it'll be either brown-brown-brown, or brown-green-brown. I need a little help in the decorating department so please comment and let me know what you think.

6 comments:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

I'm kind of retarded when it comes to decorating, too, but that is currently my project as well. I've found something that helps get the creative juices going, though. I went to several interior decor websites and copied pictures of all the rooms I liked into an album. I later went through the album and realized that there were themes and color schemes in common with all the rooms I liked. I went from there and bought accessories and colors that I liked and my room is coming together!

D, J, Dre and W.D. said...

I don't know if you have any more green panels, but if you do, I would do all green. I think that the green brightens the room up because everything else looks neutral. (Black, white or beige.) I also think the green looks nice with your black furniture.

However, use caution when talking to me about decorating. My husband says that I decorate like I'm a Hispanic grandmother. I love color!

VicandNanc said...

Your teeth look beautiful in your fishing picture!
As for curtains... Heidi, Heidi, Heidi... you just need to wait for me to come rescue you :) heehee!
I think the brown clashes with your couches so you need to do all green if that is the color you want to go with for sure. A bold color like that brings a lot of life to the room, but I did neutral curtains so I could play with my color scheme & not be stuck to one color. Green is a nice color though if that is what you decide to go with. I agree with above comment that you need to look through magazines & decorating sites so you can see if you tend to lean toward black & green, blue, teal, etc. I can't wait to have a house with 2 living rooms as I'm going with black couches for sure. They are so fun to play with for color!

VicandNanc said...

Your teeth look beautiful in your fishing picture!
As for curtains... Heidi, Heidi, Heidi... you just need to wait for me to come rescue you :) heehee!
I think the brown clashes with your couches so you need to do all green if that is the color you want to go with for sure. A bold color like that brings a lot of life to the room, but I did neutral curtains so I could play with my color scheme & not be stuck to one color. Green is a nice color though if that is what you decide to go with. I agree with above comment that you need to look through magazines & decorating sites so you can see if you tend to lean toward black & green, blue, teal, etc. I can't wait to have a house with 2 living rooms as I'm going with black couches for sure. They are so fun to play with for color!

VicandNanc said...

I googled a few color links, but seriously, just play with searching different color of rooms & then copy the things you love. That is all I ever do! I have a folder of just magazine pictures I've torn out over the years!

Green Room: http://www.furniturerow.com/SofaMart/Olympic-Sofa-Group/Olympic-5-Pc.-Group/prod190041/

Black Curtains: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/tools/livingroom_rooms_ideas

Black & Blue: http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/wywo/episode/season2/episode19/interactive_0219.html

Love these green pillows!: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Pictures+of+living+rooms&view=detail&id=3034FBCD65908A9C4152539DA474C6BDACB5A425&first=331&FORM=IDFRIR&qpvt=Pictures+of+living+rooms

light blue & Black: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=light+blue+%26+black+bedroom&view=detail&id=529EB40C571A02176D41A2B68AEB56CCFCF713FE&first=1&FORM=IDFRIR&qpvt=light+blue+%26+black+bedroom

Red & Black: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=red+%26+black+living+room&view=detail&id=F38C111D43AF97639E40BE73AA561BA1BF2D8213&first=1&FORM=IDFRIR&qpvt=red+%26+black+living+room

Emily said...

Well I'm jealous of your garage and your can opener :) Maybe its time for me to open the frugal wallet for one of those pampered chef openers (mine makes me want to scream when it stops opening halfway around the can!) As for the curtains, I think the brown looks good (but I don't have the same decorating interests as others).