Saturday, April 2, 2011

March 2011

I feel like March came and went in a hurry! Highlights from the month
  • Wrestling season has come to an end...for this year anyway. There's always more to be planning and anticipating for. Will finished up the year with little league (preschool through 6th grade kids) wrestling. It can be pretty fun to watch the little kids wrestle. And even more fun how much the parents get into it. West Side hosted their tournament this month and Will and I got to help with it. I took money at the table and Will was a referee. It's nice to have wrestling over with for a few months.
  • With wrestling over and the weather getting a little bit better and people wanting to sell and buy real estate again Will has been getting some house listings. He switched to a different brokerage and company here in Preston and has been enjoying it.
  • I got my braces off! In this picture I was on my way to my orthodontist appointment to get the last of the brackets off and get my retainers. I have been enjoying not having them on anymore. I have yet to take an official "after" picture without the bottom brackets on...soon to come.
  • My parents came for a short visit on their way through to Salt Lake and then Vegas. It's always nice to see them.
  • That same weekend Will and I spoke in our ward at church on Sunday. With the move we changed to a different ward, although our home is only 3 blocks away from our old house! Crazy, I know.
  • We spent a weekend in Mountain Home with my parents and celebrated Will's 30th birthday! See previous post to see the yard work we helped with. We also spent a few hours at Cabela's getting to watch them feed the fish in the tanks, ate lunch at Tucano's (yum!), and played card games with my parents. We also celebrated with some of Will's favorites: jello cake, steak on the BBQ, and cucumber/tomato salad. This other food was on a different day than Tucano's of course.
The weather has been somewhat decent. Yesterday and Thursday were exceptionally good so I had the itch to get outside and work in our yard. Friday afternoon I spent some time raking all the old weeds covering the garden area and in front of the sheds. Our yard has a fenced off area that I thought would be good to try and plant a garden in. While cleaning it up I noticed some tell tale signs of being cultivated in the past. Old corn cobs, wooden stakes that were stuck in the ground in a fashion that appeared to have marked rows, tomato cages, some kind of onion growing in the ground, fences for vine-growing things like peas, beans, etc. This made me excited and optimistic that we might be able to get it ready to grow again this year. We need to spray the ground good to kill the weeds and then till it up good. Here are before and after pictures of the area I cleaned up.

I also raked and cleaned up the front yard flower beds. I found irises growing!

here's the after

2 comments:

D of D,J,Dre,W.D. said...

Yeah for no more braces! And I love the before and after pictures of your yard work! I always think of doing that after I'm all done and I never get the before picture! Glad you guys are doing well and staying busy. Random side note, we'll be blessing our baby on June 4th in Layton, UT. We'd love to see you guys at some point while we're in the area!

VicandNanc said...

That's nice you'll be able to have your nice big garden area still :) And yay for getting your braces off. I bet it seems weird to not have to spend so much time cleaning them. boo to the new lingual bar you'll probably be getting though!