Sunday, March 6, 2011

Good Day of Fishin'


We were blessed with beautiful weather on Friday so we decided to head up the Narrows and fish on the river. It was such a nice day and we had a great time. The fresh air was so nice to breathe. It has been so long since we have been fishing, we decided since the weather was good we needed to take a break and get out and enjoy! A day that was well over-due.


I love going up the Oneida Narrows. It is such a pretty area.

Here's Will braving the stream current.





mending a line


We always see deer up in this area. Here's a picture of a little deer family.


We got some mud on the tires. This picture doesn't really do it justice. We had the truck in 4 wheel drive and still were worried that we were going to get stuck in a few places on the road.

Since it was so muddy we drove right to the car wash and sprayed the mud off. And we sprayed our wading boots off, too, while we were there.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

You guys are crazy! That water looks so cold. But I am glad you had a good time. Did you catch any fish by the way?

VicandNanc said...

Ah! You guys are way too crazy. That water looks like ice. a.k.a. no fun! haha! :) Will needs to come up here & show Vic how to fish. When he got his fishing license this year I didn't realize that he has NEVER been with anyone. I laughed at him realizing I would know more about it than him!
P.S. Tell Will I'd LOVE to decorate you home, but that he better set aside a savings account! I'd be super thrifty finding good buys at different places, but it all adds up :)
P.P.S. I am in love with your engagement photo on here & I'm wondering if you could email me the original jpeg so I could try out a few new editing tricks I learned!

Amber Sayer Walker said...

I agree with Nancy. That water looks freezing! Looks like such a beautiful place, though!

Michelle W. Nate said...

YEAH! Glad you got out there.