Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Weekend

This weekend was a fun one. I feel like we have been working so much on getting our house ready to move in. Hopefully this week...I know I've been saying that every week...but I just always have such high expectations and forget that things take a long time when we both have jobs that we are trying to do at the same time as fix up our house. Anyway, we got to relax a little bit this weekend.

We went to Logan on Friday and got to attend the temple together. It was great. It's great to be able to attend the temple together and remind ourselves of what's important in life.

We also had a super-huge shopping list of things we needed to get for our house in order to progress. So we spent about 1 hour at Home Depot and 2 hours at Lowe's and then as little as possible at Walmart.

I had received a gift card for the Olive Garden so we decided to splurge and eat out. We decided it would be our Valentine's Date Day. We both love Olive Garden so much. Super good food.

Saturday we slept in some and had hotcake breakfast with Grandpa before we went to work at the house. My friend Nancy called me during the day and said they were in Logan and invited us to come to dinner with them that night. We love hanging out with Vic and Nancy so we decided it would be fun to get to see them again. We drove down to Logan again and ate with them at Texas Roadhouse. It was our first time eating there. Good food, good times. We got to visit with our friends after dinner. It was fun to hang out and relax a little bit.

I have good intentions of taking some pictures of our house to post on this blog. I just haven't done it yet. I hope that we'll get some things moved around and cleaned up enough to move in and then we should get our computer set up again and can start keeping in touch better via internet things.

2 comments:

Juli said...

Hooray for your new house and making progress! I hope it all goes smoothly. I wish we could hang out!!!

Valerie and Christopher said...

your weekend sounded fun! lucky girl! we spent our weekend taking turns--burning up with fevers, dispensing medications, and coughing up lungs....some years you can't win lol i am excited to hear about your house coming along!