Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The South Fork


I had my first experience fishing on the South Fork of the Snake River. Will and I went last weekend and met our friends, the Harris's there at the river. We towed our drift boat and took it down the river. We had a blast! It was a little cold, but I layered up good so I wasn't cold. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. It is such a beautiful area. We each caught a few fish. Will had a huge one on, but it broke off after fighting it for little while.

We each took turns rowing the boat. Will definitely rowed more than I did. He is more experienced than I am.


little brown trout
I caught my first white fish! That's a new species for me.

These falls were beautiful! It is where the Falls River dumps into the Snake. So pretty!
Rainbow trout

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I am glad you had fun. That is the river I grew up on... just a little further down stream. It is a beautiful area.

BrookieT said...

Your pictures of nature always make me miss the west. What a gorgeous water fall!

VicandNanc said...

I LOVE those falls, they look like paradise. What a fun day... but too cold for me! You guys are such tough die hard fishermen!