So, we are moving out of our house this Friday. The story is this: Back in October Will put an ad in the paper for our home to rent-to-own. We had a lot of calls, and one family came to look at it. They loved it and made us a full-price offer that day. We are selling our house on a lease-option. The buyers wanted to move in 8 weeks ago, but we negotiated for them to at least give us 8 weeks to find another house to move to since we hadn't at that point. Well, we still haven't closed on the other home we are buying so it looks like we are moving most of our stuff into a storage unit until we can get into the other house. The other house is only about 3 blocks from where we are now. But it hasn't been lived in for about 2 years and is HUD owned so it is taking forever to close. Hopefully we should close within 2 weeks and then we can start the remodel. We will be redoing the kitchen, the downstairs bathroom, all the flooring and a few other things. I'm excited to get moved into it and make it looks nice. As far as government owned repo's, it's not in too bad of shape, but it stil needs some work to make it nice. I'm not 100% excited about not having a "home" for a few weeks, but I know it'll be fine and things will work out for the best. I've been hoping and praying for a miracle that we can close this week, but I now that whatever happens will be fine. We will be living at my Grandpa's place here in town, and also with Will's parents about 8 miles out of town.
Will and I have been packing boxes like crazy and trying to get everything ready to move. My parents came on a quick trip yesterday and left today to help with packing and hauling things around. They are awesome workers and I am so glad they came to help! Thanks Mom and Dad!
We packed up the rest of the kitchen (most pantry food included), so for a few days we'll be eating out of the fridge and freezer and eating out the rest of the time. And my Mom got all the pictures and wall hangings wrapped and ready to move.
Here's what our house looks like right now



We got snow today! Will and I forgot how miserable it is to walk and drive in. But it sure makes things pretty!

2 comments:
Ugh. Moving is the worst! At least your new place will be close to where you are now. (Well, when it all comes together...) I hope it closes quickly for you! And that the snow isn't too much of a bother in the middle of all of this.
What a fun adventure! What great news to sell your house so quickly. I can't wait to see the new house. Have fun you two!!! Love ya'!
Post a Comment