Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Big 3-0

I am finally getting to do a blog post about my birthday! I turned 30 this year, so I wanted to make it an extra special birthday. My birthday was on a Friday and since I don't work Fridays I knew that I would have the day off. So I started planning what I wanted to do! I have always loved Skee-ball and driving go-karts, so I decided that is what I wanted to do on my birthday.

It was fun playing like a kid again! We spent the weekend in Mountain Home/Boise and we got treated royally by my family.

Will and I and my parents played a round of miniature golf. I haven't played that in years. We had a blast!
SKEE-BALL!


At Pojo's we played some air hockey and a few other arcade games. And I got to spin the prize wheel since it was my birthday. I won a glow-in-the-dark water bottle! Yea!

After playing games we went to my sister's house and swam and had a barbecue dinner. It was a blast! They had a super yummy cake for me. I didn't quite get all the candles blown out in the first try. That means I must be getting older. Ha ha.

One of my birthday gifts was a pair of swimming goggles and nose plug so that I can work on my swimming and be a better swimmer! Will and I want to do a triathlon next year but we are far from ready, especially on the swimming part. So we thought this would be a good way to start training.
It sure felt good to cool off in the pool. The weather has been so hot! It is even hotter in Boise than it is at our house. We were grateful for air conditioning in the car and in my parent's house that we got to enjoy.
Overall, it feels good to be 30. I feel good about my life. I have been exercising faithfully for about a year now and I feel very healthy. I'm doing things that I haven been wanting to do like quilting and gardening and eating healthier and riding my bike to work. I love my job and I feel like I do well at it and feel very comfortable there. I love my husband and we have a good family life together. We haven't been blessed to be able to get pregnant yet and start a family. With prayers and a medical miracle we hope to in the near future.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy 30th! Sounds like it was a good one! And, I will say, I'm a HUGE skee ball fan, too. As for the triathlon, I have one to recommend if you're looking: the Ocean Shores Olympic Triathlon. It's usually in July in Ocean Shores, WA. That's the one Ryan did first and there aren't too many people that do it, so it's a great one for your first time around. (Plus, Ocean Shores and the surrounding area is beautiful!)

Valerie and Christopher said...

Yay Happy late birthday Heidi! 30 isn't too bad. I am enjoying it. :) Hope that you have an awesome year.

Unknown said...

Happy Late Birthday. It looks like you all have been super busy as usual. I think it's great you and Will have built such a strong relationship. It will definately be a blessing through your trials and when you are blessed with little ones. I'll be praying for you both.