Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 2010 Re-cap

This June I feel like we have been gone almost every weekend. They have been definitely fun things that we have done, but I think it's hard to be gone from home so much consecutive time. We were home during the weekdays working and doing regular routine stuff, but the weekends we traveled. The first weekend was Free Fishing Day Utah and I already posted about that. It was super fun to see Vera and Mike and the kids!

The following weekend we were in Twin Falls visiting our friends the Sutherlands. We love to hang out with Victor and Nancy. They are such good friends and excellent hosts. We enjoyed staying at their house and meeting Tommy, their baby (finally). He is a cutie! We played plenty of pinochle and mario kart with them, as well as good food and playing with Tommy.

We also got to see Will's brother and family. They were blessing their 4th baby, Joshua Hyrum so it was great to be there and participate in that. We had a good time swimming a the hotel and eating out with them. It was Idaho free fishing day so the kids got to fish at the Hagerman fish hatchery and we went to watch. Unfortunately this is the only picture I took. But each of the kids caught a fish. Our nephew Landen who is almost 1, caught a monster of a trout. He had some help from his dad to bring it in.
It is getting that time of year when you have to scout the parking lots to find the shady spots to park so the car doesn't turn into an oven while it's parked. When we pulled into the church parking lot for the baby blessing, we only had about 2 minutes till start time and somehow we were lucky enough to find this awesome parking spot in the shade!The weekend after that we were camping with my family. Every summer we have a reunion with my parents and siblings and families. We camped at Baumgartner this year and had a great time. All of the family was able to be there. I am grateful that we all get along well. We enjoyed getting to see our newest nephew Riley. He is 14 months now, but it has been a while since we've seen him due to the distance between our house and his. He was super cute toddling around and saying a few words like "Doggie." It's always great to see everyone. The nephews and nieces change so much each year. They are all growing up! We got to do a little fishing while we were camping. It is so pretty up in the mountains where we go. We love it!


Sunburned feet!
Nieces Melissa and Nicole came with us to the river and I turned my camera over to them and let them take pictures of us fishing. I think they had fun and they got some good shots. This spot is so pretty! This is the swimming hole (when the water is not so high)

It's nice to have some fishing pictures of us together. Usually it's just the two of us.




Yum! My favorite camping treat...peach cobbler


This past weekend we have just enjoyed time together at home. Will hurt his leg on Thursday so that has kept him down and around the house. He is feeling a lot better and I think his leg is healing fine. It is still pretty tender and sore. I have to say that it's been nice to stay home and get to do some things here to catch up. I got to work on my quilting project, and try a new bread recipe that I've been wanting to. It's a whole wheat bread recipe. I made one loaf and used some to make a pizza dough with for homemade pizza. It was really good. It feels so good to eat healthier. I love cooking and baking, I just don't always have a ton of time to do that. It was nice to have some time home to spend doing that. I do enjoy being out and doing things, too, but it's nice to stay home once in a while to do some of these "home" things.

A few weeks ago we had these awesome birds migrating through Preston. We had so many in our yard all the time. We saw some up camping and I was able to get a decent picture of it. It is so pretty! We had to look up what it was and found out it is a Western Tanager. I love nature!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful shots of the river and fishing. Looks so peaceful!

Unknown said...

That peach cobbler looks delish! You all stay so busy, but it sounds like a lot of fun. Hope Will's leg heals quickly, it sure looks painful.

VicandNanc said...

I always forget to check your blog now that it doesn't tell me when you updated so I had a lot of catching up to do! Everything looks so fun, I wish we got out that much!